Over the last few years BVSA has established a successful model for the older Fury teams (13u and above). This model is designed to keep a core group of solid players together, playing a lot of games at a very competitive level. The overall goal is to develop skills, build a competitive team, prepare the boys for high school (during their 13 year old year) then prepare them for the college recruiting process from 14u and on.
We understand how important and difficult the decision is when choosing the best option for your son to play travel baseball.
All the boys will be in HS at this point so this is a summer team only.
Here’s some bullet points describing the overall plan-
- Keep the nucleus of the team together and add players if needed.
- Participate in Winter workouts at BVSA, as a team, from January-March. Winter HS workouts may conflict so we will work around them.
- Summer schedule can be tournaments and league play or just one, you decide. We suggest as many games as possible. We will also choose tournaments that will provide the most exposure. As mentioned above, Perfect Game has the top tournaments and most of them are a long distance away. We can choose the best local tournaments also for budgetary reasons.
- We will attend at least one major showcase as a team and will recommend others for certain players based on their goals.
- During the fall, we will play a similar schedule to the 14u year but will work those tournaments around another showcase.
- In additions to the video, assistance with the college recruiting process is available at BVSA. We also plan to hold our own showcases at our new facility.
This model has been a huge success for our current 15u team. The nucleus has been together for 3+ years. The boys have created and incredible bond, developed physically and mentally and learned to play as a team resulting in 7 tournament championships and 2 league championships. Several of the players are being recruited by DI-DIII college teams.
This model requires a solid commitment from the families and players.
Please give us a call if you have any questions. 203-968-2872.